Yesterday I created a post about starting to make my son, Grayson’s, baby food at home from fresh fruits and vegetables. If you did not have the chance to check it out, you can view that post here. Today I want to share with you the step by step process to making pureed apples for your little one, or you could add all the fixins’ and make some homemade applesauce for yourself!
I was excited to take photos for this post with my new camera! I plan to do a post about it soon! I am so in love with my Canon 70D its unreal! In the meantime enjoy this photos!
1. Put water in pan to steam your apples.
2. Wash your apples.
3. Core your apples. Using an actual apple core makes it so much easier!
4. I used a paring knife to peel off the skins of the apple and then dice my apples into small chunks. The smaller the pieces the easier it will be for them to steam and get soft.
5. Let the apples steam in the pan, covered with a lid until you are able to use a fork and press through them until they mash up.
6. Once they are steamed toss the apples into a blender/ food processor. Our blender has a puree button as shown below. I added a little water to the apples to give them a more smooth/thin consistency.
7. Once to the consistency you like you can pour them into a silicon tray. I let them cool a little before I stick the lid on the tray and pop them in the freezer.
8. I normally let the tray sit in the freezer over night to make sure the food is completely frozen. The next day I will pop them out of the tray and place them in a freezer bag labeled with the food name and the date they were made.